Today’s accomplishments were yesterday’s impossibilities – Robert H. Schuller
Global expansion highlights
- First of the Divine 9 to charter a Graduate chapter in the British Virgin Islands
- Historic reactivation of the Liberia Charter
- Chartered a chapter in Ghana, West Africa
- Chartered a chapter in New Hampshire
2018-2019 Fiscal Year
- New Grad/Undergrad Charters – Five (5)
- New Amicae Auxiliary Charters – Four (4)
- Reactivated Grad/ Undergrad Chapters – Five (5)
- Reactivated Amicae Auxiliary Charter(s) – One (1)
2019-2020 Fiscal Year
- New Grad/Undergrad Charters – Ten (10)
- New Amicae Auxiliary Charters – Eight (8)
- Reactivated Grad/ Undergrad Chapters – Two (2)
- Reactivated Amicae Auxiliary Charter(s) – Seven (7)
2020-2021 Fiscal Year
- New Grad/Undergrad Charters – Nine (9)
- New Amicae Auxiliary Charters – Two (2)
- Reactivated Grad/ Undergrad Chapters – Three (3)
- Reactivated Amicae Auxiliary Charter(s) – Two (2)
2018 – 2019 – 21,153
2019 – 2020 – 23,770 – 12.37% increase
2020 – 2021 – 27,168 – 14.34% increase
- Appointed the first Chapter Charter Feasibility and Sustainability committee to further Zeta’s expansion efforts.
- Granted official Statehood status to the chapters in the Bahamas (previously part of Florida State membership) combined with a mission trip to help assist our Sorors and their communities because of Hurricane Dorian.
- Granted official Statehood status to the chapters in Massachusetts which were previously part of the Tri-State membership.
- Opened Life Membership on January 16, 2020. 415 new Life Members were placed on the official membership roll.
- Inducted four honorary members: Vivica A. Fox (Actress and Entrepreneur), Chaka Khan (Music Icon and Entrepreneur), Archbishop Mary L. Palmer (First African American Female Archbishop in the US), and Dr. Linda L. Singh (Retired Major General Adjutant of the Maryland Army National Guard).
- Created the following communication/publication vehicles:
- ZNN (Zeta Network News) weekly news brief
- Membership Matters (semi-annual on-line magazine)
- The Annual Report
- First Flip Edition of the Archon – (2 publications in one)
- Launched the first comprehensive on-line Membership Database -Members can now pay their National, Regional and State dues online, as well as update their membership profile.
- Launched the first Learning Management Database.
- Created e-learning courses for membership intake
- Launched the first comprehensive on-line Membership Intake.
- Online MIP process includes completion of applications, course of study and payment of fees/shipping.
- MIP Applications and MIP Fees are no longer required to be sent directly to the International First Anti-Basileus for processing. This is a major accomplishment as it is the first time in the history of the organization this type of enhancement to an existing manual initiative has been addressed.
- Introduced Electronic Signature through Adobe sign to execute all Contracts/MOU’s
- Commissioned a Record Management team to covert our paper files to electronic files – saved Zeta over $65,000 prior to COVID in the conversion of paper files
- Launched the first Stork’s Nest App.
- Launched the Reboot of the Zeta Professional Leadership Academy.
- Rebooted the Train the Trainer initiative.
- Grow with Google – ZOL trainers have trained over 9800 members and people in their communities since Feb 2021 – October 2021 on various subjects such as building your brand, design thinking for entrepreneurs, managing your online presence, resume writing, digital skills for everyday tasks and basic google online navigation. The goal of this partnership was for each partner to train 20,000 women of color by September 2022. Zeta was one of six partners chosen and received $100,000.00 to be a key stakeholder in this initiative.
- Sustainability training program for new chapter charters and reinstated chapters has been launched by the Chapter Charter and Reactivation Committee since July 2019. A total of 24 new or reinstated chapters have completed or are in the process of completing this intensive training program facilitated by the Committee, with assistance from the ZOL Trainers and various program directors of the Members Administration.
Newsworthy and Noteworthy Scholarships
- Created the Centennial Founders’ Scholarship Initiative which will grant a full scholarship to a graduating senior over a five-year period. The first scholarship was awarded on Juneteenth 2020 for $100,000 to a high school graduate pursuing a bachelor’s degree at Stanford University. The second scholarship was awarded October 2021 for $125,000 to a high school graduate pursuing a bachelor’s degree at Macalester College.
- Partnered with the Infinity Global Group to assist in sponsoring the Wo Ye Bra (Business entrepreneurship program) in Ghana West Africa – 56 women trained and $18,500.00 has been donated since October 2019 – Sept 2021
- Purple Reign Challenge was created as a March of Dimes Initiative. (Chapters/Members organized lighting up buildings, statuses, and bridges in their local municipalities)
- Took first place in the March of Dimes Alpha/Zeta Challenge three years in a row totaling $2,248,346.
- January 2020 ZHOPE Service Initiative – Donated 13,000 bundles of socks, hats, mittens, scarves, socks, and blankets to Martha’s Table in Washington, DC.
- June 2020 ZHOPE Service Initiative donated $84,822.00 to the DC Public Schools to help fund the construction of outdoor school rooms in eight (8) at risk areas in DC that serve predominately Black and Latino children.
- Donated $50,342.70 (2018-2019) to St Jude.
- Donated $129,515.35 (2019-2020) to St. Jude – most money raised to date by Zeta Phi Beta Sorority.
- Donated $70,074.00 (2018-2019) to the American Cancer Society.
- Donated $216,580.15 (2019-2020) to the American Cancer Society – 3 combined campaigns – Relay for life, Hope Lodge and Making Strides against Breast Cancer – most money raised to date by Zeta Phi Beta Sorority.
- Raised $22,997.99 (2019-2020) to Women Veterans Rock.
- Raised $52,650.43 (2020-2021) to Women Veterans Rock.
- Donated $23,250.02 (2019-2020) to Micha’s Voice.
- Donated $16,300.00 (2020-2021) to Micha’s Voice.
- Donated $25,000.00 to the Ramfly Home (Children’s Orphanage in the Bahamas).
Procured strategic partnerships with the following companies/organizations:
- New Balance Athletics Wear/Jairus Group
- St. John Knits International, Inc.
- Goldman Sachs
- Micha’s Voice
National Council of Negro Women (Good Health Wins- Initiative)
- Evolution Aura
- Girl Trek
- When We All Vote (Civic Nation)
- All of Us
- NAACP – Formal MOU was signed in 2019
- Macy’s International
Financial Partnership Incentives
- Geico (2019-2020) Total Incentive $9,000.00 (Received)
- Geico (2021-2023) Total Incentive $16,000.00 ($8,000.00 will be paid in 2022 and 2023)
- Geico (2022) Scholarships/Programmatic $50,000.00 (Received)
- Dell (2020-2021) Total Incentive $5,000.00 (Received)
- Dell (2021 – 2022) Total Incentive $10,000.00 (Paid per quarter – $5,000.00 Received)
- Google (2021-2022) Total Incentive $100,000.00 (Received)
- Goldman Sachs (2020-2021) Total Incentive $25,000.00 (Received)
- NCNW – Good Health Wins (2021-2022) – $313,087.50 Grant (Received)
- ICGB secured $52,000.00 in sponsorships for the Centennial Celebration from the following:
- Herff Jones
- JAM Productions
- LUHF Branded Environments
- March of Dimes
- ICGB secured the following sponsorships for Boule 2022
- Herff Jones – $25,000.00
- Goldman Sachs- $50,000.00
- Atlantic Region – $10,000 (Received)
- Nelson Mullins – $10,000 (Received)
- Negotiated a 15% royalty rebate with Herff Jones in January 2021 (this was a 5% increase from the original agreement prior to July 2018. From 2019-2021 – received $2,313.36 in royalties
- Developed a partnership with Learfield/CLC a National Vendor Licensing firm (This is a first for Zeta)
- Vendor royalty amounts generated through the CLC partnership for 2019-2021 – $219,744.96 (this does not include the sale of the IHQ uniform jackets and special edition pin)
- Launched the first co-branded Zeta sportwear line with New Balance sportswear. 2020-2021 – received $11,454.52 in royalties
- Relaunched the Zeta IHQ Boutique with the following signature items:
- IHQ Uniform Jacket (White with blue piping and royal blue with white piping (merchandizing Director special design)
- Special Edition of the Sorority Pin (four diamonds and one sapphire in the middle of the Phi)
- Developed partnership with Evolution Aura – Specialty candle line; the scent was created especially for Zeta named the Essence of Finer Womanhood
Total Funds collected through new strategic partnership royalties brought to the table since becoming the International Grand Basileus (July 2018 – December 2021)
- Launched the newly designed and stylized rebranded International Website.
- Launched a major rebrand marketing campaign (The Many Faces of Zeta) in twelve major cities across the country, displaying highly publicized billboard signs on major highways, digital signage in key subway stations, and in the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport on January 16, 2020, heralding Zeta’s 100-year anniversary.
Social Media Reach
- Zeta’s Social Media presence has been increased by an average of 55% since August 2018
- Facebook’s estimated monthly reach 150K, with 46,917 followers
- Instagram estimated monthly reach 16.5K, with 29,200 followers
- Twitter estimated monthly reach 58K, with 11,500 followers
International Headquarters – 1734 New Hampshire Ave
- Completed work on the final three items that were left from the renovation project at IHQ
- Downstairs columns
- Closet in the ICGB Office
- Replaced the front door, painted the trim royal blue, and placed the shield on the glass portion of the door at IHQ at no additional cost to the sorority
- Created a small satellite office for ZNEF on the ground floor of IHQ
- Repaved the garage floor
International Satellite Office (1461 S. Street)
- Purchased the sorority’s second property in Washington, D.C. on March 14, 2019.
- Paid off the mortgage in two years on March 8, 2021
- Completed remodeling/renovations in six months: (June 2020 – December 2020)
- Installed five new offices
- Installed a reception area
- Installed a Board Room
- Corporate lodging space
- All new electrical work
- Painted the trim on all windows Zeta Blue as well as the trim on the front door
- Painted the back entrance door Zeta Blue
- Powered washed the paint off the bricks in the courtyard
- Placed an accessible hatch on the roof for easier access
- New landscaping in the front and the side of the office
Carriage House at 1461 S. Street (Other streams of income)
- First rented the duplex from August 2019 – December 2020
- Built a Washer/Dryer area in the kitchenette section of the apartment
- Painted the duplex walls white
IHQ Office Implementations
- Newly designed membership ID Cards
- Moved to a Fulfillment Center to manage the distribution of membership materials/merchandise instead of shipping out of IHQ
Completed the following improvements on Birch Haven:
- White picket fence surrounding the cottage
- Installed handicap ramp
- Installed new patio doors
- Extend the patio deck
- Built a sea wall
- Installed three windows
- Install the mantel piece over the fireplace
- Refurbished the steps leading down to the lake by the side of the house
Between the three properties (1734 New Hampshire Avenue, 1461 S. Street and Birch Haven), Zeta now has over $12,000,000.00 in fixed assets
Property Budgetary Tracking of Expenditures
- Instituted budgetary tracking on a month-to-month basis on what it takes to operate IHQ, the Satellite Office and Birch Haven (Taxes, utilities, equipment, service work, repairs, and any capital improvements)
Virtual Pivot due to Pandemic
- First Virtual Boulé October 2020 – over 8,400 members registered.
- First Virtual ZOL Academy July 2021.
- Second Virtual ZOL Academy – January 2022.
- Launched Virtual Saturday/Sunday Inductions and Chapter Chartering from April 2020 – June 2020
- Organized the June 2020 Year in review highlighting the following:
- Our year in service work across the globe and honoring our college graduates and postgraduates.
- ZOL Graduation
- Legacy Ceremony
- Dove Ceremony
- Virtual Amicae National Workshop weekend (August 2020) over Eight Hundred (800) attendees.
- Virtual Rededication Ceremony (July 2020)
- Mandate for all in person activities, (local, state, and regional meetings, service events, ceremonies, etc.) had to be done virtually as of March 2020 – June 2021.
- Virtual intake guidelines created for undergraduates and graduates to assist chapters through the pandemic.
- First National Zeta Male Network Symposium – May 22, 2021.
- First Virtual Zeta Day on the Hill – October 2, 2021 – Six Hundred (600) attendees
- Launched Virtual Stork’s Nest’s across the country.
- First Zeta Male Network Symposium – August 2021 – Two Hundred (200) Attendees
Additional "First's" for the Members Administration
- First time an International Executive Board Meeting held outside of the fifty states (January 2019 – Bahamas).
- First time the ICGB International Executive Board report was live streamed at the January 2019 Board Meeting.
- Fundraiser for the NEF was launched in conjunction with purchasing a copy of the Directory and $20,525.00 was raised for ZNEF scholarships.
- First of the Divine 9 to memorialize their Founders in lifelike wax figures – unveiling July 2022 in Philadelphia.
- Zeta was the first and only D9 Step Team that performed on the Internationally known Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade (Nov 2020).
- Received a 10% incentive for funds exceeding the goal of money raised for the March of Dimes Walk for Babies. For 2021 the incentive was $38,092.40 coming back to Zeta.
Members Administration Communication Keys
- Expansion of leadership and volunteer service of members at national, regional, and state levels.
- Monthly Cabinet Meetings with all appointed officers.
- Monthly Meetings with RD’s.
- Monthly One on One Meetings with RD’s.
- Monthly Meetings with all SD’s.
- Mandatory Risk Management Certification Training.
- Instituted a formal 360 evaluation process for SD’s.
- Designed an exclusive Regional and State Director pin for Centennial
- Hard Cover Special Edition of the International Membership Directory was printed (4,811 members purchased a copy)
- Zeta Uniform Jacket
Merchandise Director designed the Zeta Uniform Jacket
- Blue with White piping Trim
- White with Blue piping Trim